Many of us are looking back nostalgically on our past travels, how easy it was to hop on a plane and visit far off places. Well, while we might not be doing that yet for some time, we can still marvel at the sights, virtually.
Your iPad and iPhone have a feature in the Map app called Flyover. It allows you a birds eye view of major cities in the world. Give it a try, instructions follow:
1) Type in the name of the city. In this example we will use Rome. Type 'Rome' into the search bar of your Maps app.
2) Tap on the name of the city as it appears in the search results (in our case: 'Rome, Italy').
3) Once the page loads you will see two buttons: 'Directions' and 'Flyover', tap 'Flyover’.
4) Once the page loads you will see a button at the bottom of the page to 'Start City Tour', tap it to begin.
5) To stop the tour tap in the middle of the screen to bring back your menu, then tap the ‘x’, to pause it press 'Pause'.
6) Try it with different cities... many have the Flyover option. Here are some to get you started: New York City, Florence, Paris, Toronto, Copenhagen, Berlin.
For more information on Flyover you can visit the Apple website at:
iPhone instructions: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/iphone/iph81a3f978/ios
iPad instructions: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/ipad/ipad6f5e96f4/ipados